What’s the environmental impact of online shopping and what are the solutions to make it more sustainable? NCST researchers Matt Barth (UC Riverside) and Miguel Jaller (UC Davis) discuss this topic in the latest video in the Climate Lab series, “The Environmental Cost of Free Shipping”. Read more.
The National Center for Sustainable Transportation (NCST) is one of five national centers funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s University Transportation Centers (UTC) Program, and the only national center focused on the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act research priority area of Preserving the Environment. UC Davis leads the NCST consortium, with partner centers at CSU Long Beach, UC Riverside, USC, Georgia Tech, and the University of Vermont.
The research initiatives of the National Center for Sustainable Transportation are organized in the following four areas, though many projects will overlap these boundaries.
- NCST’s Winter 2018 e-Newsletter is out! We’ve got new publications, webinar recordings, special announcements, and more!
- Congratulations to NCST’s 2017 Outstanding Students of the Year: Hanjiro Ambrose and Joshua Morales!
- NCST-sponsored UC Davis Bicycle Research Collection website is live!
- $14 Million Federal Grant for Sustainable Transportation Research: Renewed Funding for UC Davis-led National Center for Sustainable Transportation
- Free research report examines travel behavior before and after LA Metro introduces new light-rail line
- Davis’ active transportation plan is right on target